Tuesday 11 November 2014

Visiting New Friends



As a University Student, I lived in several share houses, with a variety of young men and women from around Australia and the world. Some have become lifelong friends and others I was glad to see the back of. 


One housemate, who I hope to be friends with for a long time, is my friend Owen. I lived with him for about six months in an old Queenslander in Coorparoo, South Brisbane. Sadly, the house has been demolished to make way for higher density, small housing. 

I had lots of great adventures and times with Owen- Jet skiing in the Bribie Island Passage, shared meals, long conversations over bottles of wine... I was sad to see him go back to China after working in Australia for some time.

In the years that have passed, Owen met his partner Jess, got married and he and his wife returned to Australia to start a new life. Recently, they welcomed their first child into the world- William. 


A few weeks ago, Gigi and I made the 1.5 hour drive to meet William for the first time. Gigi was very interested baby William and I absolutely loved the cuddles from a young baby.


It was also wonderful to talk to Jess about birth, breastfeeding, motherhood and lack of sleep. I don't have many friends with babies or children, so its great to have those talks with other women who know where you are coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment