Tuesday 1 April 2014

Yiiiiiiiikes!!!!

I can't believe its been almost a year since my last post!!!!

I've been incredibly busy, but that is such a poor excuse.

Shortly after my last post (in AUGUST of 2013!), my settlement period ended and I became the proud owner of my very first house! Perhaps house is a strong word for it, it is a small, one bedroom cottage with a tiny front patio. Its approximately 50m2 (yes, you read that right, 9 metres by 9 metres), including the patio. Whilst it is cute, it is also a real "fixer-upper". This year I plan to remove the existing bathroom and toilet and replace them , as well as add two additional bedrooms. I will be converting the existing studio bedroom, which comes off the kitchen (separated by a half-wall), into a dining area.

Proud new owners


Gigi excited about a bike ride


The best thing about our place is the land and its location. Its almost 3/4 of an acre and is 1.5km from the centre of our little town. We have cycled into town several times and Gigi loves it. I'm so excited for her to be able to ride her bike to school when it comes time.

I have so many exciting projects I'm planning for our house. When I bought it, there were only three small trees along one boundary and one small garden. I have big plans for a backyard garden and fruit orchid. I also want to get chickens so we can have fresh eggs and herbs. I've been reading a lot of organic gardening and permaculture books so I have some idea of what to plant and when. I'm hoping that we can produce the majority of our own vegetable, some fruits and eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment